The best picture for anyone who comes for the first time in Corfu is from the ship which, as if deliberately, comes in a slow pace to give you the opportunity to take a good look of the great medie
Church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos
Nymphaion in Agios Ioannis. To the southeast of the church of Agia Sophia, in the churchyard of Agios Ioannis, we can see the extant nymphaion of Roman times. Its size and its careful construction prove that it was probably used for public paths. Its place at the centre of the city gives to the building a special interest. Its historic significance becomes even greater if we assume that it is related to the early Christian basilica of Agia Sophia.
It was imperative for Thessaloniki, an important administrative, economic and ecclesiastic centre of Byzantium, to have its own Agia Sophia (Holy Wisdom) equal to the church of Agia Sophia in Constantinople.
Agias Sofias square is a meeting place for all, one of the city "centres" with cafes, small bars, numerous shops for every taste, every mood and style; a big microcosm hiding in itself a carefree way of life as a restorative br
The "Red House", built in 1926 by contractor Naoum Kostopoulos for the family of the industrialist Longos.
The church of Agios Athanasios, at the contribution of Egnatia and Sokratous streets, was built in 1818 on the site of an older church that had been burned down a year earlier.
Navarino Square, next to the Octagon with its characteristic fountain, is full of café bars and tavernas. The Gounari walkway is a favourite haunt of the Thessaloniki student community. From Egnatia St. down to Tsimiski St.
The construction of the Saint Gregorius Palamas Cathedral started in 1891, based on the designs of the architect E. Chiller. Τhe construction of the church was completed in 1906 by the architect X.
The Hadzidimota building at the corner of Ermou and Karolou Diehl has long been the home of the Mortgage and Loans Fund.