The best picture for anyone who comes for the first time in Corfu is from the ship which, as if deliberately, comes in a slow pace to give you the opportunity to take a good look of the great medie
Villa Allatini was constructed before 1888 as the summer residence of Carolos Allatini, son of Dr. Moise Allatini, famous for his social activities in Thessaloniki in the 19th century. The mansion was located in front of the Allatini mills in the Hamidiye (Towers) district. The building was used as the residence-prison of Sultan Abdul Hamit II (1909-1912), as a university (since 1926), as a branch of the military hospital, and since 1979 it has been housing the Services of the Prefectural Authority of Thessaloniki.
Morpurgo Villa was constructed just before 1906. The first owner of the house was Fani, wife of Moise Morpurgo, of Italian origin.
Casa Bianca had a special place among the renowned upper-class mansions of the city in the early 20th century that spread from the White Tower to Villa Allatini.
The Allatini Mill, opposite the Posidonio Sports Centre. Originally built in 1854 by French architect Darblay de Corblay, it was the city’s first steam-powered mill.
Pre-war Thessaloniki along Sofouli Street was full of villas, nightclubs and tavernas.
Villa Mordoch was built in 1905 by the Turkish Division Commander Saifulah Pasha, on the designs of the famous architect Xenophon Paeonidis. Samuel Mordoch bought it in 1930.
Thessaloniki’s Concert Hall stages performances of music, opera and dance, and also functions as a convention facility, meeting the city’s need for an arts, business and professional centre.